ColRich is a second-generation family owned residential real estate company based in the heart of Little Italy in Downtown San Diego. For over 40 years, ColRich has been an industry landmark continually recognized for integrating design and value into creative residential solutions. Our pioneering family-run company has grown to incorporate single-family homes, townhomes and mid-rise condominium construction into our development repertoire and has become one of the leading multifamily owners, with 14,000 units in the western United States.
Importantly, ColRich’s commitment to forward-thinking architecture, global design elements and attention to detail in product and service results in quality homes that truly appeal to homebuyers and renters. ColRich attracts development professionals who are highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has humility, a strong work ethic, creativity and a sense of ownership of their role and responsibilities. These are the company’s core values and the foundation on which our company’s success is built upon.
How We Work – Our Core Values:
- Family – We are a family run business and treat every member as such. ColRich relationships are based upon trust, transparency, and respect.
- Work Ethic – The ColRich team brings passion to their work, always giving 100%. Our team members roll up their sleeves and are hands-on participants at every level of the organization, supporting their colleagues and the overall platform to produce the best product at the highest standard.
- Humility – No matter the title or seniority level, every member remains grounded and in service to the team as a whole. Team members let the situation, instead of their title or ego, dictate how to best serve the company and one another.
- Creativity – We have a creative and collaborative work environment that remains nimble in an ever-changing marketplace. We value new ideas and expect each team member to be adaptable beyond their core function. ColRich places a heavy emphasis on a constantly evolving workplace to create, develop and innovate.
- Ownership – Every team member takes onus of their role. Knowing their role has a direct impact, each team member approaches their work with a pride of ownership.
- Italy/Downtown location for convenient access great restaurants and after hour activities
- Transit options paid by company including coaster, trolley and buses
- Culture based events
The Assistant Superintendents are responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the job site. Primarily the back end of the projects, from drywall to completion of homes.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining the project schedule
- Reviewing all plans for quality, accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency per the approved specifications and working to resolve conflicts that arise
- Reviewing contract pre-award with Purchasing, subcontractors and other internal team members
- Coordinating with purchasing to perform budget updates and projections
- Partnering with Marketing, Purchasing and Construction on project specifications
- Managing and responding to RFI’s
- Facilitating the implementation of contracted scopes and specifications with subcontractors and other members as necessary
- Performing project close out
- Completing all items on the new home orientation list and provide customer service a clean and presentable house to perform new home orientation
- Enforcing warranty obligations and elevate changes in methods of construction
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Personal computer skills including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary and discretionary annual bonus competitive with industry standards
- Health and dental insurance paid fully at the employee level by employer
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Email Humanresources@colrich.com today if you are interested in learning more about the position.
ColRich provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ColRich complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ColRich expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ColRich’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.